Empire Physiotherapy & Sports Massage
Initial Consultation: 45 minutes – £79.99
The consultation involves assessment, diagnosis, advice and treatment.
- A detailed history of present complaint and a medical history will be taken, followed by physical examination of the body part involved. After a precise diagnosis your physiotherapist will explain your diagnosis and go through treatment options based on latest research.
- Your physiotherapist will then commence with a hands on approach treatment, give you advice on how to best manage your condition and most likely a prescribe a home exercise programme to support recovery.
- If physiotherapy is not the right treatment option for your condition or if further investigation is required e.g MRI, your physiotherapist will arrange onward referral where necessary.
*Please note that you may be required to undress in order to give your physiotherapist access to the area being treated and sometimes surrounding areas. Therefore we highly recommend that you wear or bring suitable clothing.
Follow-up Treatment: 30 minutes – £45.00
During a follow-up session we generally take a hands on approach and use a variety of manual techniques.
Treatment options includes:
- Personalised exercise prescription
- Advice regarding management of inflammation and pain during acute phase of injury
- Joint mobilisations for all joints including the spine
- Soft tissue techniques including massage, ligaments transverse frictions and myofascial trigger point release
- Muscle energy techniques
- Neural mobilisations
- Kinesiology taping
- Acupuncture including electro acupuncture
- Postural correction advice
- Biomechanial and gait analysis + advice
Sports Massage: 30 min – £31.99 60 min – £59.99
Our team of Physiotherapists and Sports Therapists are highly skilled practitioners who have experience in working with different patients of all ages and sporting levels. Sports massage can help you, whether you’re recovering from sporting injuries, or 9-5 office worker suffering from problems such as neck pain, lower back pain and stress induced headaches.
Sports massage is a treatment which uses deeper and varied techniques into the soft tissues of the body. It is a treatment that can be manipulated to improve performance and the aiding of recovery in elite athletes as well as improving general health and well-being in the general population. Soft tissue techniques help to eliminate the waste products associated energy production and improve the quality of blood supply which is vital for the well-being of our connective tissues.
Please note that this type of massage targets specific areas. Please bring appropriate clothing for assessment and treatment: shorts and sports bra.
For more information or to make a booking please contact us.